The 2019 Coors Light-weight NHL Stadium Sequence involving the Pittsburgh Penguins and Philadelphia Flyers, and the Arizona Coyotes retiring Shane Doan’s No. 19 are among the the highlights of the week forward.
This is a glance at 5 issues to observe:
1. Penguins, Flyers confront off in Stadium Series
The 27th standard-season out of doors activity in NHL background will choose put when the Pittsburgh Penguins play the Philadelphia Flyers in the 2019 Coors Light-weight NHL Stadium Sequence at Lincoln Economic Discipline on Saturday (8 p.m. ET NBC, SN360, SN1, TVAS2).
The Penguins (31-21-7) are 2-2- in out of doors games. They previous played outdoor all through the 2017 Stadium Sequence and defeated the Flyers 4-2 at Heinz Discipline on Feb. 25, 2017.
The Flyers (28-24-7) will search for their first victory outdoor (-2-1).
The 2018-19 standard season also enters its last quarter with 11 games Saturday.
2. Blues hope to transform it up to 11
The St. Louis Blues will go for their 11th consecutive acquire when they play the Toronto Maple Leafs at Enterprise Center on Tuesday (8 p.m. ET NBCSN, TVAS, SNO, NHL.Tv).
The Blues defeated the Minnesota Wild 4- at Xcel Vitality Center on Sunday to tie the Buffalo Sabres for the longest winning streak this season (10 from Nov. 8-27, 2018) and the longest operate in their background (Jan. 3-23, 2002).
Ahead Vladimir Tarasenko has been a main player in the Blues’ climb from previous in the NHL on Jan. 2 to 3rd in the Central Division. He has points in an NHL job significant 12 straight games (22 points 11 ambitions, 11 assists). His streak is just one shy of the longest by a Blues player this season at the rear of David Perron from Dec. 22 – Jan. 17).
3. Kane is capable
Patrick Kane can lengthen his level streak to 18 games and move Florida Panthers ahead Mike Hoffman for the longest in the NHL this season when the Chicago Blackhawks play the Ottawa Senators at United Center on Monday (8:30 p.m. ET NBCSCH, TSN5, RDS, NHL.Tv).
The ahead has 37 points (13 ambitions, 24 assists) all through the streak. Hoffman had 20 points (10 ambitions, 10 assists) from Oct. 12-Nov. 21.
4. Shane Doan Evening
Shane Doan will have his No. 19 retired by the Arizona Coyotes prior to their activity towards the Winnipeg Jets at Gila River Arena on Sunday (9 p.m. ET FS-A, TSN3, NHL.Tv).
Doan played his whole 21-season NHL job with the first Jets and Coyotes franchise, such as the last 13 as captain. He is the all-time leader in ambitions (402), assists (570), points (972), games played (1,540), electrical power-play ambitions (128) and activity-winning ambitions (69).
5. Milestone observe
* Roberto Luongo can tie Ed Belfour (484) for 3rd put on the NHL all-time wins checklist for the Panthers, who play three dwelling games towards Sabres on Tuesday (7 p.m. ET FS-F, MSG-B, NHL.Tv), the Carolina Hurricanes on Thursday and Los Angeles Kings on Saturday.
Luongo is on the bereavement checklist but is envisioned back again Tuesday, according to Panthers mentor Bob Boughner.
* Zdeno Chara is two ambitions from getting the 21st defenseman to score 200 in the NHL. The Bruins play three games this week commencing at the San Jose Sharks on Monday (10 p.m. ET NBCSN, SN, NESN, NHL.Tv).
* Travis Zajac is just one activity from getting the sixth player to surface in 900 with the New Jersey Devils, who host the Penguins at Prudential Center on Tuesday (7 p.m. ET SN1, SNE, SNP, MSG+, ATTSN-PT, NHL.Tv).